Thursday, September 30, 2010

JK ON OPRAH! TWO WOMAN EMPOWERMENT FIGURES MEET!


SNITCHSEEKER HAD THESE PICS AND QUOTES FROM JOANNE KATHLEEN ROWLING'S INTERVIEW ON OPRAH. I will post the video as soon as it's available;
The first self-made billionaire author in history” opens up about “depression, her biggest regrets, and the love of her life”. She rarely gives interviews, but two years ago told a student newspaper the end of her first marriage to Jorge Arantes left her suicidal.

Confessing she went to her GP with serious depression, she said: “We’re talking suicidal thoughts here, we’re not talking about, ‘I’m a little bit miserable’.”

She said she probably ended counselling sessions too early, adding “I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.”



"There was this enormous Barnes & Noble, and I thought, oh my God. And the queue snaked up the street, up the Barnes & Noble, up through four floors and they took me in the back entrance. They opened the door and they screamed. They screamed….That’s a real stand-out moment for me. I knew it was getting big in that there was press attention and so on, but at that point, that for me...was when it felt 'Beatle-esque.

You ask about the pressure. At that point, I kept saying to people, yeah I’m coping…but the truth was there were times when I was barely hanging on by a thread."


AND HERE'S A PREVIEW OF THE EPISODE DUE TO AIR TOMORROW:

No comments: