Sunday, July 18, 2010

TOM AND DAN CHOSE NEW SURPRISING ROLES!(update)


(above: new poster for tom's upcoming horror 13 hours)
Tom is to star in a prequel to Planet of the Apes:
"Another cool addition: Tom Felton (Harry Potter's Draco Malfoy) joins Caesar: Rise of the Apes as Brian Cox's son, co-owner of ape facility."

-Source: 20th century fox twitter via SS
IN OTHER TOM NEWS, he is to be in an upcoming issue of Cosmo:

"Cosmo: What do you look for in a woman?
Tom Felton: I love good-natured people. It doesn’t matter how good-looking you are, it’s about someone who doesn’t get bitter. And sexy means effortless. That girl-next-door thing, where you’re wearing PJs, with no makeup on and hair all over the show. And then under that, Megan Fox! It goes from deep and poignant to incredibly shallow.

Cosmo: How did you and your girlfriend meet?
Tom Felton: Jade’s the stunt coordinator’s assistant on Harry Potter. She’s sweet and a fragile girl amongst these huge men, which is bizarre. She bosses them around – she’s demanding but in a sweet way. I like that.”

Cosmo: What’s your secret to making love last?
Tom Felton: It takes effort – especially when you’re apart. But the most important thing is loyalty. And a clear mind. There have been times where I’ve been in a situation, like I just went to Vegas for my 22nd birthday with five mates and my brother. There were dancers and ladies galore trying to get into this VIP area we were in and my friends were going, “Bring ‘em in!” I was like, “Er, not for me!” But, those moments make you realise you’re lucky to have someone you can rely on.

Cosmo: Does having Jade make it easy to resist temptation?
Tom Felton: It does. I think every red-blooded male is going to look at a half-naked lady dancing on a pole, but looking is as far as I’d go. The regret would be worse than the pleasure of doing anything, and I’d never hurt her. Not out of choice, anyway.

Cosmo: Do you think love at first sight is just lust in disguise?
Tom Felton: The Slytherin boys and I used to play a game called Fit Extras. Then one day there was a stunning brunette with bright eyes who was looking at us. I didn’t do anything about it but it was, in fact, Jade. She was an extra for one day, then for two years we didn’t speak. That moment was more lust than love but it grew into love, so I’d say there’s a thin line between the two.

Cosmo: Ever had any disastrous dates?
Tom Felton: Several. My dating tip for girls is to be yourself. Too many women worry about looking like girls in magazines, but most guys don’t notice. Jade could cut her hair six inches and I wouldn’t notice. We don’t see these things, we just see how bubbly you are.”

Cosmo: Do you have any chat-up lines?
Tom Felton: Want to hop on my broomstick, love?

Cosmo: That’s terrible.
Tom Felton: I know. I’m going to stop with the Potter ones before I mention my wand.

Cosmo: Ever had a good line used on you?
Tom Felton: Yes, it made me laugh so much I was tempted. She texted, “Hi Tom, I know you’re in bed, I wish I could Slyther-in.” Very good.

Cosmo: Do you ever get hate mail?
Tom Felton: I get letter saying, “Leave Harry Potter alone, you [censored].” There’s quite an old-lady following too. I’m popular with cougars.” "

QUOTES COURTESY OF SNITCHSEEKER.

DAN is also signed up for a new role.
This time a supernatural thriller called The Women in Black. could be interesting!
"The story encompasses the journey of a young attorney (whom Dan would be assumed to portray if the casting rumour is true), Arthur Kipps, who travels to the home of a deceased client in order to retrieve their papers. While in the client's house, he becomes privy to their secrets, and finds himself in the presence of the mysterious and titular woman in black.

Incidentally, The Woman in Black was previously brought to the big screen in 1989, and Arthur Kipp was played by Dan's Harry Potter on-screen father, Adrian Rawlins, who has portrayed James Potter in the franchise."
This rumour has been confirmed by Dan's rep.

UPDATE FROM SNITCHSEEKER:
"Daniel Radcliffe and the filmmakers of The Woman in Black have confirmed that the Harry Potter star will indeed be portraying the young solicitor tormented by the titular character. The press release can be read below, with quotes from Dan and director James Watkins.
Quote:
“’When I met Dan, it was quite uncanny how closely our thoughts on the story mirrored each other: I can’t wait to get down to work with him to fashion a compelling character and a classy ghost story that tugs at the heart and chills to the bone,” says James Watkins.

Simon Oakes continues, “We’re thrilled to have Daniel on board, I can think of no better actor to play the role of Arthur Kipps. I’m confident that under the direction of James Watkins, he’ll take Jane Goldman’s script and deliver an utterly intense and compelling performance.”

Daniel Radcliffe said, “I am incredibly excited to be part of The Woman In Black. Jane Goldman’s script is beautifully written – both tender and terrifying in equal measure. It is thrilling to be working with James Watkins. From his brilliant work on Eden Lake and also having met him and heard his vision for the film, I know he will make a fantastic film.”
The film is set to begin production in the UK this fall."

No comments: