Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rupert featured in the London Evening Standard



Here he spoke about living in London and Deathly Hallows. Here is the quote you want:
Home is…
I live just outside London in Hertfordshire with my family. I rarely stay in London because I live 40 minutes away so I commute but if I do stop over, it is in different hotels dotted around London.

What was the last play you saw?
My friend Kimberley Nixon, whom I worked with in Cherrybomb, was in Girl With A Pearl Earring at the Theatre Royal Haymarket which was good. She played the main character, Griet, so I felt quite nervous for her but she was great.

What advice would you give to a tourist coming to London?
Take a good A-Z: I have a habit of getting lost everywhere I go.

Which shops do you rely on?
I'm not a massive shopper but I like Selfridges for clothes and gadgets. I usually just go online though.

What's the best meal you've ever had in London?
I'm into my steak and I really like the Gaucho Grill in Canary Wharf.

What's your earliest London memory?
I was planning to go to the London Dungeon with my nan and grandad and I remember crying outside the door because I was so scared of the zombies. I've been back since and conquered my fear.

What would be on your tombstone?
'Rupert Grint - THE END' with engraved credits in order of appearance of everyone who has appeared in my life.

What are your guilty pleasures?
I really like antiques programmes: Antiques Roadshow, Cash in the Attic, Flog It... I've learned quite a lot while sitting in my dressing room with other cast members waiting to film.

What are you most afraid of?
Spiders have a real physical effect on me – I lock up and go all shaky. I can't go near them. I'm so bad at killing them, I always seem to miss and then they crawl on me and it's all quite dramatic. My entire family has this phobia.

What would you do if you were Mayor of London for the day?
Let all the animals free from the zoo and see what happens. I've been to London Zoo a few times and we filmed there for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the reptile house. I've always found zoos a bit weird.

What's your life philosophy?
Laugh at yourself.

What animal would you most like to be and why?
A seagull: you can fly, live by the sea and eat human food. I think that would suit me.

What was the last album you bought?
I've got back into Arcade Fire, they're really cool.

What would you save from a fire and why?
Probably my Banksy print, it's a Tesco value soup can. I'm a big Banksy fan.

What makes you laugh and why?
People falling over always gets me. Obviously if it's really serious and they're really badly hurt then I will stop laughing. It's also not so funny when you do it.

What makes you cry and why?
I saw Up recently which really got me.

What are you up to at the moment?
We're in the middle of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows out in Watford in a studio in a disused airport. It's going really well. We started February last year so it's been quite a long one. It's going to be really weird when it's over. Obviously there have been the same people involved in it for about 11 years and then suddenly it's all going to stop. We finish in June so there are a few more months left. I think it's a very different film from the others. There's not much Hogwarts and we're all living rough with beards and messy hair.

Who's your hero?
I would like to be Johnny Depp.

What do you most like wearing?
I have a crazy T-shirt obsession, it's all I ever wear really. I've got one which has an x-ray of a smoker's lung which is a bit heavy.

What's the most romantic place in London?
Anywhere near the Thames.

Which is your favourite London club?
I go to Camden quite a lot and see a lot of bands in the Electric Ballroom. I'm into a band called the Black Lips which is 1950s rock'n'roll.

What are your favourite London discoveries?
Brick Lane market for vintage clothing.

Where were the last places you went on holiday?
I went back to Belfast and stayed at The Europa which is 'the most bombed hotel in the world'. You could tell from the outside but inside it's really nice. I stayed with my family in a hilltop villa by Lake Como but the weather was really bad and there wasn't much to do so we turned it into a bit of a road trip and went to Milan, which my sisters enjoyed more than I did, and then on to Switzerland which was really cool.

Have you ever stolen anything?
I once took a hairbrush and a Billy Goats Gruff book from Asda. I don't think I was intentionally stealing them though - I was really young.

No comments: