Monday, October 21, 2013

Potter: Many Cast Comment on Fantastic Beasts, The Tale of Three Brothers Preview

In post-Potter Rowling adaptions, we previously told you about a Tale of the Three Brothers Live action film being made. The most famous story from The Tales of Beedle the Bard is being made into a short film by The New England School of Communications:
"Production in the state of Maine began in October and the first photos and behind-the-scenes video, via the Franklin Sun Journal, were released online".
This behind the scenes video is now below:

In other adaptions, the news giant that is the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film, has been the topic interviewers like to gain comment on from anyone involved previously in the Potter franchise.
Lots of people, including Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman and even Daniel Radcliffe have given their two cents. Here is what they had to say:

Grint: “I don’t know how it would work, to be honest,” Grint said of the slated film. “I think I kind of closed the door on that now. As much as I loved it and it was a huge part of my life, I think it ended at the right time. But, yeah, I’m happy to just watch that one.”

Rickman: "I don't really know what she's doing," Rickman said.

"I suppose I'm wise enough to never say 'never,' but I'm dead so I don't know where I'm going to be scrapped back from. I'm so dead."

Radcliffe: Since Rowling's book is set before the birth of the three main Potter characters, Radcliffe theorizes he could only return if "time travel rears its head again. I'll be intrigued to see what she does."

More information came from the producer, David Heyman recently:
Heyman then asked us the more pressing casting question, "Who should play Newt?" Did he want a relatively unknown actor, someone who hasn't been overexposed? "I like that," he said. "Please, I need all the help I can get!" Well, then! We thought about it and rattled off a few names:

• Dev Patel ("He's a really good actor," Heyman agreed.)
• Thomas Brodie-Sangster, despite the fact that he's playing another character named Newt in The Maze Runner ("I know him, he's excellent.")
• Jack Gleeson, who's said he wants to go into academia after his reign as King Joffrey on Game of Thrones ends, but perhaps could be convinced to play an academic instead ("How old is he?" Heyman asked. "Newt is a tiny bit older.")
• Bret McKenzie, who is much older, but can play younger ("He's really good.")
• And if they wanted to promote from within, Harry Melling, who originally played Dudley Dursley but has thinned out considerably as he's grown up, which is why he was wearing a fat suit in Deathly Hallows ("He's a really good actor, and I love his work, but that's a little more difficult because he's been Dudley.")

No comments: